Shave or Spray at a Shopping Centre
When: Saturday, 29 February 2020
It’s our 17th Shavathon this year – come and celebrate with us – bring your family members, friends or colleagues along to shave or spray in solidarity with cancer Survivors, on Saturday, 29 February 2020 – a few shopping centres will also be hosting events on Sunday, 1st March 2020 * (* only certain venues).
Stencils are available to add flair when you spray your hair and you can also show your support by making a hair donation which will be used to make wigs for cancer Survivors. Limited edition CANSA Wraps will be sold for R50 per wrap.
Limited edition badges of honour will be given to those who make hair donations of 25 cm or longer.
Adults can shave or spray their head for a donation of R50 (or more) and children, under 12 years old, for R25. You can pay cash at the venue or to fast track the process you can make an online donation in advance and take your confirmation e-mail & printed indemnity form to the venue as proof of payment or pay at most venues with SnapScan…
Want to Help?
You can also volunteer in these ways to help make Shavathon a resounding success – see details here:
- At your local shopping centre’s Shavathon Event: assist with spraying, shaving, running errands, public registrations, etc
- Organise a Shavathon Event in your workplace, school or institution
- Raise funds by creating your own online fundraising project for Shavathon
- Upload your pics and videos to your Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts using the hashtag #CANSAShavathon
How Does It Work?
What Time will a Shavathon be held?
- A public Shavathon event, at a shopping centre, is usually open to the public from 09h00 to 15h00, but may be extended to 16h00. It is advisable to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- Please contact the shopping centre beforehand to confirm the times that the Shavathon will take place, as this may differ from place to place.
- Confirm whether or not the Shavathon will continue on Sunday, 1st March 2020, as well. (Not all venues will be offering the extra day).
What Happens After I’ve Made a Donation?
- After registration and making your donation (or producing proof of your online payment & printed indemnity form), you will be asked to move to the area where your head will be shaved or sprayed. You can choose the length of your shave or the colours of your spray.
- Please take note that CANSA Shavathon will no longer do a ‘clean shave’ due to risk factors – the lowest number you can shave is a number 1.
- If you would like to donate your ponytail, our volunteers are equipped to accept your hair donations – they will snip it and package it for you! Please remember that your hair must be 25 cm or longer, clean & dry – treated or dyed hair may also be donated. Unfortunately we can’t accept dreadlocks.
- The process could take between 15-60 minutes depending on the queue.