How To Organise Your Own Shavathon Event
eShop CLOSED – direct queries to Maria Scholtz – email: email@example.com
If your workplace, school or institution would like to organise a CANSA Shavathon Event from Monday 25 February 2013 onwards and during the course of March 2013, please find guidelines and information below:
- Follow steps 1 through 6 in order to register your event via the CANSA Shavathon eShop (see Step 3).
- You register after filling up your shopping bag and then selecting the Checkout button. Once you have completed your customer | delivery | billing information via the CANSA Shavathon eShop, your event is registered.
STEP 1: Download the CANSA Shavathon Workplace Guide and Indemnity Form
- Before you register a CANSA Shavathon shave & spray at your workplace, organisation, school or even between a group of friends, download the CANSA Shavathon Implementation Guide for Workplaces & Community Groups, so that you know exactly what will be required from you.
- Download the A5 Shavathon Indemity Form 2013 – please note that this form is for downloading, duplicating and use on the day of your CANSA Shavathon Event and NOT for registration purposes. Registration of your event is automatic during Step 5, while purchasing CANSA Shavathon products on our eShop.
STEP 2: Plan Your Order (CANSA Shavathon Products)
- Download a Workplace Order Form 2013 (includes product packages & prices) to plan your purchase thoroughly, and to get prior approval from your financial office (where needed). These prices include VAT.
- Please Note: A once-off handling fee of R530.00 (including VAT), is automatically added to your Shopping Cart with each and every order placed. This amount includes your CANSA Shavathon Registration Fee, packaging and delivery of your order. It is therefore essential that your order be planned properly in order to avoid paying this fee twice.
- It takes about 3 business days to process a payment, another day to order the dispatch of goods ordered and another ~4 business days to deliver the goods (approx 8 business days). Please bear this in mind when placing your order and order EARLY to avoid frustration. Early bird offer valid until 8th February 2013.
- After Friday, 8th FEBRUARY 2013, the price of materials will increase by 5%. Order early and avoid the price hike!
- The eShop will close on Friday, 22 FEBRUARY 2013, 16h00. No late orders will be accepted. Should you miss the deadline, but still wish to participate in a Shavathon Event, please visit our Shavathon website to find a shopping centre near you that will be hosting a Shavathon and join in the fun there.
About our Spray & Gel Products: Manufactured in South Africa using vegetable dye | Quality products that wash out easily | Available in red, pink, purple, “Blue Bull blue”, green, silver, yellow, orange, black and white | Average sprays | applications per can: 5–7 heads.
Stencil Designs Available: star | flower | lightning bolt | soccer ball | butterfly and warrior (the word)
STEP 3: Place Your Order Here
- Using the information on your Workplace Order Form (Step 2), select the products and quantities you need. To do this, click on the product in the list, then complete the Quantity in the box that appears. Click the “Add to Cart” button.
- Once you have added the product, you can press the “Continue Shopping” button to go back to the list of products, or press the “Go to Checkout” button to begin the checkout process.
- An early bird discount of 5% on all products applies until the 8th of February 2013, which is why the prices on the eShop may be lower than those listed in the Workplace Order Form.
- Your Shopping Bag will be displayed. Confirm that your order tallies with your Workplace Order Form, then click on the “Checkout” button.
- Complete the Shipping details page. Note: It is very important that you type your company’s VAT number (if applicable) in the SAME line (field) as the Company Name. For example, company name + VAT number.
- Ensure that the Postal code field is completed correctly.
- Do NOT enter a postal address as a Shipping address, since orders will only be couriered to a physical address.
- After completing your Shipping details, only one delivery method becomes available, namely a flat rate of R465 plus VAT = R530. This fee includes your registration fee, as well as door to door courier to any location in South Africa.
- Goods may NOT be collected at the depot, goods will ONLY be delivered to you by courier.
- Once the Shipping details have been completed, click on “Continue”.
STEP 4: Billing & Registration
- Under “Choose Payment Method”, select your preferred payment option.
- Should you have any special instructions (such as office hours for delivery, or special courier directions), please type them in the “Special Instructions” field.
- Now you need to create an account for yourself / your business. This is compulsory for every client who buys on the eShop. An account enables you to make changes later and to track your order.
- To register an account, enter your email address and a password of your choice into the required fields.
- Write the email address and password you used to register an account on your Workplace Order Form, to ensure easy access to your account later, if needed.
- If your Billing address is the same as your Shipping address, it will already be filled into the required fields. If your Billing address is not the same as your Shipping address, untick the relevant tick box and enter the correct information.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
STEP 5: Pay For Your Order
- The Order Confirmation page is now displayed. This is your last chance to make changes to your order. If all is correct, click the “Place Order” button.
- On the next screen, towards the bottom right, you can click on the “print this invoice” link to get a hard copy of your order invoice. Unlike the version that is emailed to you, this printable invoice complies with all tax requirements. It is important that you print the invoice NOW. Once you leave this page, you cannot return to it and print the invoice later.
- Should you not be able to print your invoice right now, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a PDF invoice. This will only be emailed to you much later, though, once the Shavathon events are over.
- Share your order on Facebook and Twitter to encourage other people to participate in the event.
- Note: Goods will only be couriered once payment has been received and verified. This can take up to three business days.
- If paying via EFT (electronic funds transfer), please state your order (invoice) number and the name of your business in the Reference field. Proof of payment should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Your event is now registered with CANSA Shavathon.
- You will receive email notification from Globeflight with way-bill information once your order is ready to be shipped.
- It may take up to 8 business days from date of payment until your order is delivered to you.
STEP 6: Spread the Magic
- Take your fundraising efforts ONLINE! Your potential donor audience will be so much wider…
- Challenge your competitors to hold their own Shavathon event – see who raises the most funds for CANSA! Read more here…
- Advertise the event among your staff using the CANSA Shavathon Poster and share updates with them from www.shavathon.org.za and our Facebook Page and via Twitter.
- Take pictures of your event and email one or two to CANSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your contribution to CANSA Shavathon 2013
As indicated in the Shavathon Implementation Guide (Step 1), proceeds of events & donations to CANSA through CANSA Shavathon 2013 are made to the following account – see how funds raised are used to fight cancer:
- ABSA Account Name: Cancer Association of South Africa
- Branch Code: 632005
- Account Number: 405 1831 559
- Reference: <your company name> and <order number>
Any enquiries regarding products and returns can be sent to email@example.com – please indicate your invoice number in all correspondence.
Product Refunds & Returns Process
Read “Refunds & Returns Policy” for the return process of Shavathon products and unused Wahl clippers, bibs and capes to Globeflight.
- Only unopened boxes of products can be returned, therefore we don’t accept sprays back as this cannot be verified.
- New Clippers in original packaging can be returned with copy of invoice included in package.