Shave or Spray at a Shopping Centre
When: Saturday, 2nd March 2013
It’s our 10th Shavathon this year – come and celebrate the Shavathon of the decade with us – bring 10 family members, friends or colleagues along to shave or spray in solidarity with cancer survivors, on Saturday, 2nd March 2013. This year we are adding exciting colour hair gels to the mix!
Where: Your Local Participating Shopping Centre
Adults can shave or spray their head for a donation of R50 (or more) and children, under 12 years old, for R25. You can pay cash at the venue or to fast track the process you can make an online donation in advance and take your confirmation e-mail to the venue as proof of payment.
Want to Help?
You can also volunteer in these ways to help make Shavathon 2013 a resounding success – see details here:
- At your local shopping centre’s Shavathon Event: assist with spraying, shaving, running errands, public registrations, etc
- Organise a Shavathon Event in your workplace, school or institution
- Raise funds by creating your own online fundraising project for Shavathon
How Does It Work?
What Time will a Shavathon be held?
A public Shavathon event, at a shopping centre, is usually open to the public from 09h00 to 15h00, but may be extended to 16h00. It is advisable to arrive early to avoid disappointment. Please contact the shopping centre beforehand to confirm the times that the Shavathon will take place, as this may differ from place to place, and confirm whether or not the Shavathon will continue on Sunday, 3rd March 2013, as well. (Not all venues will be offering the extra day).
What Happens After I’ve Made a Donation?
- After registration and making your donation (or producing proof of your online payment), you will be asked to move to the area where your head will be shaved or sprayed. You can choose the length of your shave or the colours to be sprayed.
- Please take note that CANSA Shavathon will no longer do a ‘clean shave’ due to risk factors – the lowest number you can shave is a number 1.
- If you would like to donate your ponytail, our volunteers are equipped to accept your hair donations – they will snip it and package it for you! Please remember that your hair must be 22cm or longer, clean, dry and free of permanent colour, bleach or other chemical treatments to be donated.
- The process could take between 15-60 minutes depending on the queue.